Do you love the traditional office setting? Do you get excited to jump out of bed in the morning, dress up in stuffy clothes, and battle gridlock traffic to get to work on time? Does tracking your every minute and completing timesheets get you jazzed up? Yawn – us either. Have we peaked your interest? Good, read on.
Maxim Management is a virtual CA firm that has completely adopted the cloud accounting ecosystem. We love apps, innovation and anything that makes our clients’ businesses run smoother. Keeping current with the latest and greatest cutting-edge technology and cloud-based software, we offer a totally virtual experience to our clients, allowing them to conduct business with us from wherever they are.
Our home base is located in a technology incubator in Lethbridge, Alberta, but don’t worry if that’s not in your neck of the woods. We aim to hire the most talented, passionate, and innovative professionals, and we recognize that these rockstars might not all be growing in our own backyard. That’s why we have created a virtual firm, allowing us to cultivate the top talent from across the country.
Are you our next rockstar?
We have an absolute passion for evolving the accounting profession, challenging ourselves and finding deep meaning in the work that we do. We’re looking for a designated accountant who also fits that mold to join our team. You must be passionate, inspired, passionate, creative, passionate, ambitious, and passionate. Did we mention we’re looking for passion?
Working from home, our Virtual Accountant will be responsible for all facets of accounting services, including business advisory, tax, year-end financials, review, etc. You will be the first point of contact to our awesome clients, assisting them with all of their accounting needs, educating them on our field, and helping them to streamline their businesses.
At Maxim we’re committed to progress, so a big part of your job will involve identifying and delivering progressive ideas to our clients. We need professionals who think outside the box, and aren’t afraid to share their creative visions. We want to hear your voice young grasshopper!
We’re lucky to work with truly great clients, and we value their business. While we have a modern and casual culture, we never skimp on professionalism. We have set the bar at the highest notch possible when it comes to client relations, and this is something that we’re unwilling to compromise on.
We’ve created a culture that we think is really cool, and we think that you will too! We value our employees, and provide them with all of the tools they need to grow, develop and succeed. Our employees invest in us, and we invest in them. In exchange for your hard work and enthusiasm, Maxim offers a competitive salary, generous vacation allowance, flexible work schedule, lots of room for growth and advancement, and much more!
As a member of our team you will be responsible for providing high quality accounting and management services to our client base. You’ll be responsible for the following duties:
- Complete end-to-end bookkeeping, year ends, T2’s and financial statement prep (hint: this should be snap since we’ve adopted the most automated systems available).
- Liaise with third-party software vendors for routine account support matters.
- Ensure client goals are being met.
- Maintain CRM tool, ensuring that client contact info is up-to-date, and job details, timelines and project updates are current.
- Support the team with third-party software implementations.
- Manage financial systems and identify any software errors, ensuring clients have access to current, real-time data.
- GST reporting, payroll, bank reconciliations, AR/AP reviews.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly management reports.
- Participate in virtual meetings with the Principal and other Maxim team members.
- Performs all other duties as required.
This dynamic role reports directly to the Owner/Principal. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following education and qualifications (we’re not just throwing these out to be fluffy catchphrases – we really need you on your game in these areas):
- University Degree in Accounting or Business Management
- CPA/CA Designation
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience; working in public practice.
- Experienced and comfortable working with technology.
- A proven track record of professionalism.
- Experimental and forward thinking with a zest for change and innovation.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Exceptional communication skills, including phone, emails and web-based interaction.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new software with ease.
- Effective time management and self-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relation skills.
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Sciences would be considered an asset.
- Experience using cloud-based accounting software such as QBO and Xero.
How To Apply
Please visit the following link and apply using our online application tool. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 10-15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging into the application tool.
We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you.