You might be hearing more about cloud accounting lately, and wondering what all the hype is about. Well let us fill you in!
Up until a couple years ago Maxim was just another run-of-the-mill accounting firm. That was a problem for us, because we don’t like being like the rest – we want to be the best! When we followed the traditional accounting model, we didn’t feel like we were providing the level of value to our clients that we knew they deserved. I mean how much value can you really add to someone’s life when you only see them once a year and provide them with financials that are already out-of-date?
No, that wasn’t good enough for us – so we decided to shake things up. So what’s the deal with this cloud-based stuff that all the crazy kids are talking about? As it turns out those crazy kids are onto something pretty special, and we’ve taken full advantage of it.
By adopting the latest and greatest cloud-based accounting software and apps, we’re able to deliver unprecedented value to our clients, and that makes us happy. Here are just a few of the advantages of Cloud Accounting vs Traditional Accounting:
- Freedom – Traditional processes have a way of bogging us down and take way too much time. We want to afford our clients a lifestyle of freedom and flexibility, and cloud accounting does just that. Our clients can take care of everything from invoicing to payroll from their mobile device. Since our clients can run their business from their mobile device, they can literally take care of business from anywhere. Go ahead, take more vacations – your office is wherever you are.
- Paperless – No more shoeboxes overflowing with receipts, because everything is stored in the cloud.
- Secure – Many people have a misconception that storing data in the cloud isn’t safe or can easily be hacked. The truth is that our cloud storage is actually more secure than storing data on your own hardware. It’s also safe from unforeseen circumstances such as fires, floods, etc.
- Real-time Data – Business owners need to know what is going on with their business now, not the state of things six months ago. Cloud accounting gives owners a clear picture of where their company is right now – anything less seems kinda ridiculous.
- Time is Money – The most valuable thing to a business owner is their time. Our accounting systems save business owners so much time, that they are able to spend more time growing their business.